How to Enjoy the Great ‘Trout-Doors’ From Home
May 22, 2020
The glorious weather is upon us, and a long weekend ahead, so our natural instinct is to grab a seat and soak up the rays in whatever outdoor space we have. Don’t get us wrong, we love a good relaxing sunbathing session here at Weird Fish – but there’s also plenty of other oppor-tuna-ties to make the most of your outdoor space.
Whether you have a garden, patio or even just a mini balcony, we’ve pulled together some of our favourite home outdoor activity ideas, plus the ideal pieces to complement them from our spring arrivals.
- Embrace your green fingers. Gardening is known for its therapeutic qualities, whether you’re tending to beautiful flowers or pruning shrubs (and anything that boosts relaxation gets a big thumbs up from us). As well as helping relieve stress, gardening can also be a great form of exercise – so no more gym guilt needed!Pay a double tribute to mother nature with the Alastor Bamboo T-Shirt (£25), featuring super-soft, eco-friendly bamboo fabric to help last you through hours of gardening.
- Grow your own delicious goodness. There’s something immensely satisfying about enjoying a meal where you’ve added the fruits (or vegetables) of your labour – and the good news is, you don’t need a vast green space to start growing your own. Find yourself a sunny window or outdoor spot, fashion up some growing pots using old containers and get seed sowing. Radishes, leafy greens and herbs are great contenders for indoor growing.
Gardening calls for comfortable, practical and easy-to-wash clothing, so take a leaf out of blogger Garden Goddess’s book and try the Tamra Bamboo leggings (£30) – with a little added Spandex these leggings move with you for all day comfort.
- Make a home for wildlife. Encourage wild animals to pay a visit by making your own animal home. How about a hedgehog house, a mouse motel or an aquarium?! Okay, we got carried away with the aquarium suggestion, but you get the picture.
No one knows better than the UK’s largest wildlife charity (the RSPB) about making your garden’s critter friendly. Help support the charity with the Flight RSPB Graphic T-Shirt (£20), £5 from each sale goes directly to the RSPB.
- Immerse yourself in bird watching. Find somewhere quiet to sit and watch all sorts of bird breeds fly, sing and literally ‘twitter’ away to each other (old school communication at its finest). You could even make a bird spotting diary to record the different types you see.
- Bask in the delights of stargazing. Create twinkling memories by gazing up at the stars each night. It may sound like a cliché but the night sky really is full of wonders – just make sure you ‘planet’ for a clear night. Sorry, we couldn’t resist…
Wrap up for a cool evening with our Alivia Full Zip Active Macaroni (£55), lightweight and breathable, but warm enough to give you an extra layer of comfort after the sun sets.